Monday, December 31, 2012

Bead 517 Rest in Peace Peanutbutter


Early this morning our rabbit Peanutbutter passed away in his sleep. This last winter had been very tough on him and unfortunately he didn't have the strength to keep going, yesterday we knew in a way that we were nearing the end. We made him as comfortable as possible and I held, fed (him mainly treats and a banana one of his favorite foods), and was able to say my goodbyes to him for most of the day. It hurt allot but I at least can take solace that he didn't suffer and was well loved by everyone in the family. I miss him terribly but am glad that he isn't sick anymore. today was horridly long and made worse by me forgetting that he wasn't here about every half hour.
I know in my heart it is better this way but still am struggling with him not being here.
Pb bead

-m

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your bunny. He was obviously loved very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, each day has gotten a little easier and a little less filled with missing him. It's never easy to let a pet go.

      Delete