Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bead 319

Happy Fathers Day!
hope it was a magical one for you, today to celebrate D-day we went my uncles and aunts house to have barbacoa, beans and flour tortillas as brunch. all of it was delicious!!!
we laughed,talked,ate, shared and eventually left to go to a International food store they told us about. I loved it!!!!!! Think whole foods or fresh market except allot cheaper, more ethnic and slightly ghetto.The place was absolutely amazing and stuffed to the gills with people from all over the place! each country was equal represented beautifully in the produce and dry goods, I was so giddy to have a place to purchase all of my "run-of-the-mill" favorites that unfortunately aren't normally easy or cheap to find. Great bulk items, humongus produce (those carrots below were as thick as my forearm), and stuff that you can't really buy unless you are in the country that it is made in. I managed to contain myself, while still scoping out things I could get next time we make a trip there. dad didn't enjoy it as much as mom and I did but he was happy to be along for the ride. I said about 15 times how I wished I could live there.....oh to dream!!

I got:
good mexican vanilla
a coconut
little koala japanese cookies that I have adored since childhood
avacados
10 limes
serano peppers
a big ginger
radishes
mangos
enoki mushrooms

all for under 15$
which is a pretty awesome deal if I do say so myself?
Super G Mart is the name of the place, and a super G is my bead today

also thanks dad for what ya do! love you so much!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment